RETHINK supports universities, colleges and institutes as they address their high level planning and advancement needs. Specifically, we:
- help Boards develop vision, high level plans and related strategies
- work with Executive teams to develop related business plans and allocate resources
- develop strategic directions and specific action plans for Advancement teams (fund development, alumni, communications, government relations)
- develop performance management systems based on the logic model approach
- remain involved as arms length strategic coaches – joining the team periodically to support key management decisions, evaluate progress and/or update plans.
Our work is driven by client need to excel in and increasingly sophisticated and competitive environment. Those who are already successful (today), must always know what’s next, and understand the new plateaus of excellence. Those who have yet to fully embrace evidence-based practices must accept the change imperative.
We understand the academic environment and the unique challenges it presents to management and leadership. Dr. Balmer has been on faculty at three universities. Brenda Clarke has served on advisory boards at both SAIT and the University of Calgary.