Do you need easy access to trend information about the leisure industries – recreation, fitness, sports, arts, culture, tourism, parks? If so, check this out:
The Foresight blog is but the first step towards cretaion of a vital, engaging and sustainable online platform to facilitate:
- access to trend information
- awareness and discussion about predictions and prescriptions
- ongoing strategic dialogue about what this means for the future of our work in Canada’s leisure industries.
Imagine, a pleace to turn to when you need trend information – facts:
- ongoing professional monitoring of trend sources related to leisure, leisure behaviours, related services and leadership competencies – summaries on line, links available if more detail is required
- a community of trendwatchers representing every aspect of the leisure industries, networked and regularly submitting material and links – a shared commitment to keeping up to date.
Imagine, a hub of debate about future possibilities – insight:
- predictions or prescriptions about the future of leisure, leisure behaviours, and related service needs – identified, summarized and linked
- synopsis of and links to similar discussions about more generic leadership competencies: community planning and development, human resource management, diversity, resource development, marketing/communications
- blogs by individuals with foresight, talking about what it all means
- forums that facilitate active reflection and comment on trends, predictions and prescriptions
- regular theme papers (blogs) by the moderators – catalysts for debate.
Imagine, a service to help leisure industries focus on the future – consensus:
- dialogue that shifts foresight to strategy
- a network that constantly generates recommendations for the leisure industries to consider as they plan for their future in dynamic operating environments
- regular DELPHI work with trendwatchers/participants to find agreement on how best to react, position and prepare
- a service that builds our collective confidence about moving forward.
Let us know if you would like to engage. In the meantime, use the blog categories to find trend information that matters to you!